Thank you for our 2006 Technology Levy!
In 2006, the Bainbridge Island community passed a 4-year, $6.1 million technology levy for modernizing school district technology and telecommunication technologies. With these proceeds, the Bainbridge Island School District has completed the following projects:
- created a district-wide 4:1 computer to student ratio,
- provided science classrooms in grades 6-12 with a 2:1 computer to student ratio,
- supported grades 6-12 science curriculum with subject-specific software and hardware such as probeware and robotics applications,
- installed classroom presentation stations that included a laptop computer, LCD projector, and a document camera in all classrooms,
- established at least one computer lab in each school,
- matched assistive technologies to meet the special needs of students,
- provided subscription-based online databases and learning resources for access at school and at home,
- installed a district-wide library system for management of resources and staff and student accounts,
- upgraded district-wide Internet connectivity at all buildings, and
- established wireless connectivity in all schools.