The Bainbridge Schools Foundation
Bainbridge Island School District
2016 STEAM Camp Registration
We are pleased to announce registration is now open for this summer's Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math Camp. STEAM Camp will take place Monday, July 18, through Friday, July 22, at Wilkes Elementary for students who are registered as BISD students and are entering grades 2-7:
Grades 2, 3, 4 and 5: 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Grades 6 & 7: 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Students will be grouped according to the grade level they will enter in fall 2016:
- Rising second and third-graders will participate together.
- Rising fourth and fifth-graders will participate together.
- Rising sixth and seventh-graders will participate together.
Each grade band will have its own set of instructors and students will attend a variety of classes that will integrate two or more STEAM strands: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math.
Every student gets to participate in every class offered for their grade level and work with each one of our awesome instructors!
Joining the instructors will be our outstanding high school student STEAM Camp volunteers.
Please register as soon as possible as space is limited!
The cost of STEAM Camp 2016 is $275.
IMPORTANT: All registration takes place online using the Skyward Access System. To complete the registration, you will need to have the following readily available:
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover cards are the only acceptable methods of payment in this system).
- Your Family Access User Name and Password.Parent/Guardian contact information and a second 'in case we can't reach you' number.
- Family physician name and phone number.
- Grade level your student will be entering as of Sept. 1, 2016.
- All students must have their own accident/health insurance in place to attend camp. If you don’t have insurance, you may purchase it by clicking here: Student Accident A & Sickness Coverage
Registration and payment can ONLY be made online through the district website.
Please make sure the friend you request your child to be placed with is actually going to camp and is in the same grade level group as your child. Camp staff cannot be responsible for manually tracking requests made after registration is submitted.
Limited Financial Aid is available for Bainbridge Island students who have been receiving free or reduced lunch in the 2015-16 school year. Contact Christi Olive prior to June 19 for instructions on how to register for this opportunity (firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-780-1054).
Deadline for enrollment is midnight on April 15, 2016.
No refunds are provided.
Other important information:
- Class sizes are limited.
- Preregistration is required.
- The district is not providing transportation to or from camp. Parents must make their own transportation arrangements for students. Students must be signed in and out of camp each day by an adult.
- Pack a full bottle of water each day and a nutritious lunch for your child. Your child is welcome to pack an additional snack to eat at snack time. Please do not send candy, gum or soda to camp.
- Campers must wear closed-toe shoes to camp.
For additional information or assistance, contacts are:
- Carrie Strayer at email@example.com or call 206-780-1478.
- Christi Olive at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-780-1054.