Technology Leadership Team (TLT)
To provide technology leadership and support for staff and students in our schools.
Technology and Learning Vision Statement
It is the vision of the Bainbridge Island School District Technology Program, in partnership with the community, to support all students and all staff in the effective utilization of current and emerging technologies as tools to live and learn, now and in the future.
The Bainbridge Island School District will use technology to ensure that every student is ready for success.
The goal of the Technology Program is to offer guidance for the district to improve student learning through the use of technology by providing:
- access to information for all BISD students, staff, and families;
- personalized learning opportunities for students;
- timely feedback on assessments to monitor and summarize learning for students, staff, and families;
- direction for staff development; and
- efficient and coordinated systems for communications and operations.
Technology and Learning Guiding Beliefs:
Technology is used as a tool to maximize teaching and learning, and to expand the district's ability to serve the educational needs of each individual.
Technology is used to maximize communication and collaboration and to provide links to the community and the world.
Technology is used to expand available learning resources and is to be fully integrated into the district’s curricula.
Staff training is a critical component of all technology initiatives and must be provided on an ongoing basis.
The use of technology must be supported by appropriate infrastructure and technical support.
This staff committee seeks to include representation from:
- staff at each school,
- varied and multiple grade levels and disciplines.
- teachers, para-educators and district IT staff
Anticipated Meeting Schedule:
Technology Leadership Team usually meets:
- approx. once a month, September - June
- 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Meeting Minutes 2016/2017
Meeting Minutes 2015/2016
Meeting Minutes 2014/2015
Director of Instructional Technology & Assessment
206-780-1064 or 780-1668